Reformat needed? New cpu...

cory551

Baseband Member
Hey, in a few days I will be installing my new CPU, videocard, and PSU. Is it completely needed to reformat?

No need at all to reformat. Just be sure to uninstall the old video card drivers before installing the new card. Other than that, all you need to do is install the new CPU, PSU, and video card. Boot and install the new video card drivers, and you should be good to go.

It's hardware... and UK31337 has had too much to drink yet again.

You don't need to reformat if you change your CPU, no.

Nope, no reformat is needed if you change CPUs, I just helped my friend upgrade to an opteron recently, 5 minute job, zero reformat.

Alright, today I am about to install my new 8600GTS, but I was wondering... When I look under "add or remove programs" I see something called NVIDIA Drivers, is that it? I have an NVIDIA motherboard too, so could that also be the motherboard drivers? Is there another way to do this, or is that correct?

By the way, I am currently running a 7600GT.

Just goto device manager and uninstall the graphics drivers from there.

the easiest way to get it is prob start menu right click my computer then click properties then look on the hardware tab and device manager.

it works with desktop shortcuts aswell aslong as it dnt have the little short cut sign lol just ignore this bit and do wot i said above lol

Thanks, I got it. I just installed my PSU, and the video card is next, thanks for all the help people.

Back
Top Bottom