Reference for Vista Home Premium?

Aleksander1313

Solid State Member
Hi all,

I just got my new laptop an ASUS G50Vt and its the first machine I have had with Vista (Home Premium 64 bit)- I was comfortable with good ol XP but since it was time to upgrade my laptop anyway I thought I would go give Vista a try.

What I am looking for is a nice resource site for Vista - tips and tricks, I have been browsing around the Microsoft site and its not really giving me a lot of insight, I am just interested in knowing what everyone might be looking at when they switch to a new OS - or does everyone just dive in and get their hands dirty.

The reason my question comes about is as soon as I got my new machine I could see some similarity between XP and Vista but there were a few things that I just didn't get which seem to be causing performance issues.

For example I installed a couple of games which I thought would run like a dream (World of Warcaft being one) but instead I found some significant performance problems. Browsing a couple of forums I can see that there was a lot of disk activity causing low fps in game - looking at the windows reliability and performance tool I could see it was the Warcraft patch file that was causing all the hard drive read and write activity. Now I wonder if because I installed Warcraft on the C drive with the OS whether that caused the issue - the laptop comes with 2 drives broken into 4 partitions and because I have not had a vista OS before with a 2 drive machine partitioned in this way I have made an error in installation which caused the problem.

If someone can point me in the write direction it would most appreciated.

Thanks,

PHP:
http://www.vistax64.com/software/115872-free-software-list-vista.html

that has alotta stuff

Back
Top Bottom