Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-03-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Solid State Member
Default Reference for Vista Home Premium?

Hi all,

I just got my new laptop an ASUS G50Vt and its the first machine I have had with Vista (Home Premium 64 bit)- I was comfortable with good ol XP but since it was time to upgrade my laptop anyway I thought I would go give Vista a try.

What I am looking for is a nice resource site for Vista - tips and tricks, I have been browsing around the Microsoft site and its not really giving me a lot of insight, I am just interested in knowing what everyone might be looking at when they switch to a new OS - or does everyone just dive in and get their hands dirty.

The reason my question comes about is as soon as I got my new machine I could see some similarity between XP and Vista but there were a few things that I just didn't get which seem to be causing performance issues.

For example I installed a couple of games which I thought would run like a dream (World of Warcaft being one) but instead I found some significant performance problems. Browsing a couple of forums I can see that there was a lot of disk activity causing low fps in game - looking at the windows reliability and performance tool I could see it was the Warcraft patch file that was causing all the hard drive read and write activity. Now I wonder if because I installed Warcraft on the C drive with the OS whether that caused the issue - the laptop comes with 2 drives broken into 4 partitions and because I have not had a vista OS before with a 2 drive machine partitioned in this way I have made an error in installation which caused the problem.

If someone can point me in the write direction it would most appreciated.

Yllych is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 03:01 PM   #2
In Runtime
Default Re: Reference for Vista Home Premium?

PHP Code:
that has alotta stuff
CM-690|Biostar TP45HP|Xigmatek HDT S1283 w/ Bracket|Intel Core2Duo E8500|Seagate 500GB|Sapphire 4850 512MB|Corsair 4GB|Win 8 64bit|Acer 22" Monitor
metin is offline   Reply With Quote