Reduce Single Core Cpu Bottleneck

Prodigy146

Fully Optimized
Ok my sister has my old computer and i put a 9600gt in it and some low timing ram so she could play her sims 2 + all expansions. In my words shes complaining of the game not responding briefly when fast forwarding time in sims 2 or just when alot of sims are in a house and she zooms in or out the frames tear, it just kinda feels like her computer cant keep up with the AI. I've been messing with the nvidia control panel and cpu max pre-render frames setting at 2 instead of 3 seems to help smooth gameplay,

what else can i change up that will help out??

Complete Specs:
Dell E510
P4 HT 3.0GHZ 630
Lakeport i945-G Dell Motherboard
4x1GB Mushkin Ram @ 4-4-4-11 266mhz
BFG 9600GT
Corsair 400CX

Thanks guys ;)

I get that too sometimes. I think it's just something to do with the game. You could try turning the settings down a little.

Huh. You would think that game would be happy as a clam on that system. My wife used to play that on an Athlon XP 2400+ and a 7600GT.

All I can suggest is messing with the game settings and making sure there is nothing running in the background. Maybe a good clean-up and defrag too.

I used to have that. AR is right tho. dont let anything run in the background. No AIM, Internet etc. I even close out stuff on the taskbar. *by the clock

Well lowering texture settings, lighting, shadowing actually lowers the fps dramatically.. something in the game is cpu heavy and idk what that is. But She seriously has every single expansion, which probably adds some extra threading to the sims 2 engine. idk

Back
Top Bottom