Recycle Bin Removal

ownage said:
the recycle bin on your desktop isnt a shortcut. It the actual thing. And hiding it wont prevent it from working.
The first part of this is incorrect the Recycle Bin or RECYCLER is a hidden file in the C:\ directory. It is not installed to the Desktop.The second part is correct.:D

Kage said:
Watch that that toolbar also isn't spyware though :p Though removing the icons like ownage says is as simple as right clicking and doing that anyway.

I tried to find a way of hiding only the recycle bin too, though I don't think its possible.

TweakUI though, would it stop the recycle bin working completly? This seems rather bad since its quite a good safety measure if you have it. At least if you deleted something important, you know for sure if its not too big it wouild have been thrown into there before being deleted (at least to windows) from the drive.

Can't you just place it on the top right? Or even move that shortcut to a position in my computer or something, and not having it on the desktop ;)

It seem you didn't try this Windows Toolbar.It's an option of the taskbar.
No Spyware included in Windows cd. :rolleyes:
So hide the whole desktop or put a picture there.The desktop icons or folders will be easilly accesable.
Toolbars.jpg

'Ello fellas

Oky doki.

Empty the Recycle bin.
Right click on the recycle bin, Select the "Global tab"
Check the: "Do not move files to Recycle bin...."
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Now Click "start" "Run" Type regedit.
Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
Look for this Key:
{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

Highlight it, and right click on it. Choose Export and Choose a safe file save location (My documents). Name it Recyclebin
once saved, Delete the mentioned key above.

Refresh your desktop and your recycle bin is gone... :D

If in the future you want your recycle bin back.
Go back to the save file location, (my documents) and double click on the Recyclebin.reg and choose to merge or install. Then your recycle bin will be back.

Re: 'Ello fellas

BuzzStPoint said:
Oky doki.

Empty the Recycle bin.
Right click on the recycle bin, Select the "Global tab"
Check the: "Do not move files to Recycle bin...."
Click "Apply" then "OK"

Now Click "start" "Run" Type regedit.
Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace
Look for this Key:
{645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}

Highlight it, and right click on it. Choose Export and Choose a safe file save location (My documents). Name it Recyclebin
once saved, Delete the mentioned key above.

Refresh your desktop and your recycle bin is gone... :D

If in the future you want your recycle bin back.
Go back to the save file location, (my documents) and double click on the Recyclebin.reg and choose to merge or install. Then your recycle bin will be back.

Great first post Buzz, welcome to the forums... :D

Back
Top Bottom