Recycle Bin Removal

Useing them

Useing them
Add the desktop toolbar to the taskbar,right click Taskbar/toolbars.to do it.^^

Watch that that toolbar also isn't spyware though :p Though removing the icons like ownage says is as simple as right clicking and doing that anyway.

I tried to find a way of hiding only the recycle bin too, though I don't think its possible.

TweakUI though, would it stop the recycle bin working completly? This seems rather bad since its quite a good safety measure if you have it. At least if you deleted something important, you know for sure if its not too big it wouild have been thrown into there before being deleted (at least to windows) from the drive.

Can't you just place it on the top right? Or even move that shortcut to a position in my computer or something, and not having it on the desktop ;)

the recycle bin on your desktop isnt a shortcut. It the actual thing. And hiding it wont prevent it from working.

The recycle bin can't be deleted because it is integrated into the operating system like IE. Also for a really clean desktop look you should remove the text under the icons.

I also no how to rename the recycle bin or take the name from under it. It's just a simple registry edit.

ownage said:
the recycle bin on your desktop isnt a shortcut. It the actual thing. And hiding it wont prevent it from working.

Ah right, sorry then. I thought you might be able to create a shortcut though, and move the real one somewhere else so it didn't clutter the desktop up.

Thats kewl Starr, I've never got used to using the registry :p

You can create a shortcut. I made one and put it in my start menu. Then I used the display options to hide the real recycle bin. Now I have zero icons on my desktop, and the shortcut shows whether there are deleted items or not just like the real one.

Ah right, thats okay then :D

I need desktop icons though. I have a few folders which I don't want to move off for quick access :p

I might do some cleaning up though, as it does look a bit cluttered.

What you do is you make a quick launch tool bar. Then you put all of your icons on it. Move dock the bar to the right, left, or top of your screen. Then right click it and set it to auto-hide. Then when you move your mouse to wherever you docked it to it will appear so you can select things. You can put your recycle bin there and hide the desktop icons so it is clean. You can also set the toolbar so that it always appears on top when your in Mozilla or Word or something and you move your mouse to where it is.

Back
Top Bottom