recovering files from a backup

j Rizzo

In Runtime
hey guys noob question-how do i restore my files that i backed up when i re-installed windows?

How did you back them up?

Using the Files and Settings Transfer wizard? Or by dragging files off onto disc or something?

If it was using the Files and Settings Transfer wizard. you should be able to run this again in Start, Accessories, System Tools, and select that you are on a New Computer, and then put the disc in or where you saved them to, and it should restore.

If you just dragged files off, like for instance from documents and settings, just drag these back as they'll be fine.
If you for instance dragged off program files that might have had links to the registry though, you might have a problem, and will have to install them again

Hope this helps

ok that helps, heres another question, i have norton sytem works on my comp, but i lost the key, if i re-install windows will i need to re-enter that key? if so does anybody know how i can find out what it is?

I thought ypu'd already formatted?

If its still there, you should be able to access the rights or licence manager and maybe see the key used to install, then write it down.

As for the licence for downloading files and things, they'll have this stored on there servers so you should be able to get it back if you put your key in from the CD or when you find it, as you would have paid for the licence if its legal :) So yeah, quite easy I would imagine.

nm i just found it, lol. and yeah i did already do it a while ago but i think im going to have to do it again to get my asus board to work.post:"asus mobo installation"

Back
Top Bottom