recording audio

UNCLEMIKE1

Baseband Member
Forgive me for the newbie question. Does anyone know what i would have to do or use to record audio streams from the internet? Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks

Find a program that allows you to record the master out. I don't know any free programs that allow this, but I know creative recorder does(a small program that comes with most sound blaster products) as well as Sound Forge.

Also, a bit more complicated to get it right, but you could probably simply jumper your line-out to your line-in and record ;P

Oooo! Ooooo! pick me! lol
anywho this is wicked simple to do, all you need is a Male to Male headphone cord and y- adapter and some patience. BTW if you have an lcd with speakers you probably already have the cable, looks like a headphone cable with two male plugs on it.

step 1: connect y-connector to audio out jack on soundcard.
step 2: reconnect the speakers to one end of the y- splitter, and one end of the male to male cable to the other end of the splitter.
Step 3: now take the unused end of the MAle 2 Male and plug it into the microphone or line in jack on your soundcard! (arent we sneaky people:p)
step 4: open up streaming program
step 5: open up a sound recording program, (i use narration thing in windows movie maker)
step 6: record throgh mik or line in
step 7: enjoy and stick it to the FBA (federal broadcast association)
BTW this actually gives you ABOVE decent quality audio, but no cd quality...

You could use a audio to audio cord, looks like a headphone cord only has the jacks at each end.
Just put one end in your speaker port and the other in line in port.

oops looks like i was beaten to the punch.

Go with what aces says he dune that befor i,ve seen him do it!

Hay?
Hay= what a horse eats(+xpbeast)
cheese= what aces eats
HEY= the word u were trying to use

Back
Top Bottom