Recorder problems

jandjbtx

Beta member
I'm not sure I am in the right place, but here is my problem. I have a HP G61 Laptop and I am trying to record music from a tape player. The phone jack on the tape player works OK with earphones. I can record using a mike plugged in the MIC jack on the computer, using Total Recorder. But when I go directly from the phone jack on the tape player to the MIC jack on the computer, I get nothing.
What am I doing wrong?

I have used a PC at home for several years, but still consider myself an amateur.

Thanks.

This might be a shot in the dark but it's worth a try. Right click the speaker icon on the bottom right corner of your desktop and click on Recording devices.

Once the window pops up, click on the stereo mix, then right click it and set as default device.

Now when you record using your mic input using the 3/8 cord you should be able to record the sound from the tape player.

Hope this works for you. i used this method when i used to record internet radio.

There should be a tape out area on the player. As far as i know you cant record threw the headphone jack on a tape player and have to use the tape out (if its a home stereo casset player)

Sent from my LG-MS770 using Computer Forums mobile app

You can record from the cassette players ear phone jack. I used to use this option when transferring my cassettes to my computer to transfer them to CD's.

Back
Top Bottom