Recommend me some RAM

99nasha

Fully Optimized
Im at a loss here...I though I knew what RAM to buy, but theres so many choices. Im leaning towards getting a brand new GB of ballistix (PC4000) but then I think that I should get some cheaper high performance PC3200.

Any ideas?

its true all amd motherboards only support ddr400 but if u put some ddr500 or even faster than that then with a few simple changes in the bios it can run at those speeds without any probs, as for ram i would look at anything from OCZ and try to stick with ddr500 as it will help your comp speed by quite a bit

gaming_freak said:
its true all amd motherboards only support ddr400 but if u put some ddr500 or even faster than that then with a few simple changes in the bios it can run at those speeds without any probs, as for ram i would look at anything from OCZ and try to stick with ddr500 as it will help your comp speed by quite a bit

Yeah i always wondered about that. I mean you can buy the faster RAM and I think what would happen is that it would only show up as DDR 400. But (in my BIOS at least) you can simply change it by the same means of overclocking to where it should be running so then it's technically not overclocked (if left unchanged the memory would be underclocked i guess).

I'll also suggest the high end Corsair RAM. I like it.

Back
Top Bottom