Recommend me a brand of laptop

For my brother, I recently purchased an Acer AS5920 for about $700, and it presents fantastic value. It's Core2Duo processor is excellent for multitasking, and its 8600M is perfect for Windows Vista, and other graphics-intensive applications. Plus, it has 802.11B/G, & N capability, so you can surf faster, granted you have an N connection.

The only thing it didn't have was bluetooth, which I simply bought a very low-profile PCMCIA adapter for, and since it doesn't stick out, it might as well be integrated.

I'd recommend Acer because of the value. They seemed to have improved their quality control dramatically.

i would like to keep things relatively cheap so no more than $1500CDN for sure.

and I looked at the X61 but I don't like that it only has the trackpoint. I've used that before and really didnt like it.

You could look at the Dell M1330, or some of the mid-range Sony Vaios with intergrated graphics.

I edited them because i was trying to end the argument, your excuse for not answering mine was, We shouldn't argue on other peopls posts, seems like you don't care, oh and t seems to me lie when i actually try and pm me you say another one and ill report you well seems like your just coming up with excuses. now as for what you have said

XPS M1530
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7250 (2MB cache/2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB)
3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)
Speed: 200GB3 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT[/quote]

Macbook Pro
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory
200GB or 250GB
5400-rpm hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
256MB or 512MB SDRAM

worlds thinnest laptops prior to air, and yet for size differences has a MUCH rfaster specs then your craptopss,

It was the 70's. What did you expect?

didn't see bill gates or other comp makers do it,

Apple announced Steve's removal, along with the first quarterly loss in their history as well as significant layoffs, on Friday, May 31, 1985.

The weak sales were beginning to put pressure on the relationship between Steve Jobs and John Sculley for the very first time.

sucky sales (just like now)

he can';t even manage a buisneess and you expect to buy something good from him?

The Mac OS doesn't try to emulate DX9. It uses OpenGL. Completely separate engines.

no it uses a specified driver to run a xp (dx9) enviorment type dxdiag, see what it does, it shows a sys file that makes it think it has dx9. , how can something SOOO good need its enemys OS to function well enough for people to buy it?

sounds like they suck to me...
:

XPS M1530
Intel® Core™ 2 Duo T7250 (2MB cache/2.0GHz/800Mhz FSB)
3GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz (2 Dimms)
Speed: 200GB3 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive Free Fall Sensor
256MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT

Macbook Pro
2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
2GB memory
200GB or 250GB
5400-rpm hard drive
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT
256MB or 512MB SDRAM

worlds thinnest laptops prior to air, and yet for size differences has a MUCH rfaster specs then your craptopss,

I don't understand what you're trying to say.

sucky sales (just like now)
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/26/business/26apple.html?fta=y

he can';t even manage a buisneess and you expect to buy something good from him?
http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/26/business/26apple.html?fta=y

no it uses a specified driver to run a xp (dx9) enviorment type dxdiag, see what it does, it shows a sys file that makes it think it has dx9. , how can something SOOO good need its enemys OS to function well enough for people to buy it?
It uses OpenGL.

http://developer.apple.com/graphicsimaging/opengl/

sounds like they suck to me...
Sounds like you don't know what you're talking about.

I've been looking at getting a laptop recently but I'm debating over what brand I should look into buying whether it be Dell, Asus, Acer, Toshiba, Apple, etc.

Can anyone recommend which company I should buy from?

What are you looking to do on the laptop just basic work?

and as far as arguing in this thread, I was more just looking for opinions that were in favour of different brands rather than knocking on others so let's not have this completely turn into an Apple vs PC thread.

Do you guys want to obey his request or have me close his thread? What ever happens, it's up to you. Stay on track or leave the thread.

Oh sorry I usually dont read it all just post off of the first post. I would Def. not get Dell or Apple. Apple runs on a software that many of products dont use. Dell comes with too much crap that makes your computer slow. So acer or asus.

Back
Top Bottom