Rebuild

ndatoxicity

Daemon Poster
Hey everyone, my dad says he still wants me to rebuild his rig, as well as i can create my own. We are going to get a 60gb external drive to backup all our stuff, so we dont have to worry about backups. I've been selecting parts for his build, going for a lot of combos and such (cases w/ psu, mobo w/ onboard vid, etc)

can you just look over the stuff i've selected and tell me if its good? try to keep the budget ~300 dollars...

im re-using his monitor and speakers, and ive got a cheap logitech keyboard/mouse im going to get him...

build2.jpg

-A-DATA 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model ADQVE1B16K

-Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3250410AS 250GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

-PC CHIPS A15G (V1.0) AM2+/AM2 NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

-Rosewill R604TBLK-N 3 x120mm Cooling Fan Pre-Installed on the TOP,Front and Rear ,ATX Mid Tower Computer Case with 450W

-LG 22X DVD±R DVD Burner Black SATA Model GH22NS30

-AMD Athlon 64 X2 7750 Kuma 2.7GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Dual-Core black edition Processor Model AD775ZWCGHBOX

i will probably be running W7 64 bit, or if we find his xp product key, i will run that - he doesent really need that extra 1/2 - 1 gb of ram anyways :X

thanks for your guys help =]

yeah, thats what im going for

the only bad thing is that mobo doesent have gigabit lan....

also, that RAM company is sort of iffy for me....

suggest anything u can, but remember... its a loose 300 budget

alright, thanks a lot AR... will use that one....

ill be on tomorrow to see what other great suggestions you guys have =]

thanks so much guys

ndatoxicity, for me (when you saw my post about my build for my friend) it was a toss up between the case I picked over there and the case AR showed you..Either looks good and seem to be okay. I have had people tell me that Rosewill cases are a bit more "flexy" (metal wise) but if you aren't hauling them all over, I don't see that as a major problem. I would go with the board AR selected as well. I've had a few PC Chips boards stroll through my shop...I don't know if they have a parent brand (I heard ECS at one point...whether it's true is to be determined, but...), but I'm not fond of them. I'd grab the Gigabyte AR recommended. Since worship's post, my friend (in my build) wants the quad phenom, so I'm going back to the 740G gigabyte as well. We are pretty much doing identical builds, minus the case and cpu now :p

Edit: Oh, btw, go back to newegg and check out the 320gb drives. I think they were only 5 bucks more than the 250gb's last I saw...could be wrong...but just check. WD's seem to run a bit cheaper...and they are just as good...both very reputable brands!

thanks dude (literally) +1 rep

thanks atomic, will probably use that case (dont need a 450w psu....)

any other suggestions are greatly appreciated =]

Back
Top Bottom