Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-28-2006, 09:42 PM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default reasons for disconnect?

whenever I am playing bf2, after about 20 minutes, it disconnects me from the server. I have no programs blocking it, and the proper ports are opened in my router. why would it disconnect me? I can reconnect again right after as well, but i don't want it to disconnect.

Old 12-28-2006, 11:33 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: reasons for disconnect?

Are you running on wireless network? On regular occasion try to alt-tab back to windows to check the wireless signal. When BF2 disconnects, check to see if the wireless signal was trying to reconnect to your router. BF2 may be stressing the signal or makes it much more sensitive due to perhaps the memory requirements of the game, which is pretty huge. On medium settings, BF2 uses up around 750+ megs.

Try running the router in DMZ+ mode, all firewalls off, ports open, virus-scanning off, latest drivers for everything, defrag, ad-scan, etc, etc.

You can also try lowering the bandwidth usage in BF2. Sometimes if you're downloading large files at max speed, the modem may start to act funny, even to the point where everything stops transferring from the modem. At that point, try a restart of the modem to get it going again.

It may just be as simple as a server problem, but since it's pretty consistent on your end and no one else's it may not be just that.

Old 12-29-2006, 12:28 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Re: reasons for disconnect?

i''m wired, but i'll try turning the firewall completly off. It might be I only opened ports needed by the client, and not the server.