Rear panel errors, video card not doing anything..

Mammoth

Baseband Member
So I have myself a new system. It's got an ASUS P5N-D, Q9300, 8GB of RAM, an XFX 8800GT, 2x500GB Seagates, and Vista x64. Lately it was acting up after going into idle, it wouldn't wake and even pressing the reset button didn't do anything. Now when I turn it on, the fans spin (motherboard and video card), the hard drives go, the DVD drive works, it's just that there doesn't seem to be any power going to the keyboard and mouse, and the video card doesn't output any video.. I have no clue what's wrong.. (The light on the Ethernet works though, so I guess power is being delivered out the rear panel)

does it start up fine? and how long are you leaving it alone some pcs reguire button combinations to get out of standby (like esc or something like this) just try that again.

No, when I start it up it does as I described above.

"Now when I turn it on, the fans spin (motherboard and video card), the hard drives go, the DVD drive works, it's just that there doesn't seem to be any power going to the keyboard and mouse, and the video card doesn't output any video"

is there onboard video on the board? try messing with your BIOS and making it boot in pci express, there may be some options in BIOS for stand by (this one has be baffled).

No there's no onboard video. And I can't get to BIOS or anything which make me suspect it's not Posting.

What power supply are you using to power that system? What brand is it and what are it's specs?

It could be a bad PSU. They will refuse to completely boot because of a blown circuit or capacitor, but it will output just enough to power up fans and such.

I've been running it for about a month before. No problems.

The PSU is a Silverstone Strider. It's 600W etc etc.

Back
Top Bottom