Reappearing purple spot!

sandman1976 said:
If its a CRT then i would say you have a wandering cathode ray or steering coil.
This can be caused by a number of things, usually a dry solder joint on the cathode contacts on the small square board connected to the back of the tube.

Other cause can be a malfunctioning transistor which you would find 3 of also on the small square board connected to the back of the tube. these control the (R)red (G)green (B)blue output from the cathode/anode.

Or it could just be that the screen has had a bad knock at some point and damaged the phosphor coating. badly damaged phosphor would not normalise with a degauss.

MY ADVICE: TAKE IT TO THE SHOP!
Please be aware that you should not open a CRT monitor and fiddle unless you really know what your doing as they can hold around 25,000volts!!!!

Thanks, you obviously know a bit. I have been thinking about taking it into a shop.. if I can get it fixed for $50 or less, i'll do it. And yeah, thats a lot of power, I wouldn't dare open this thing.

^_^;;; yea i opened my 17" gateways monitor awhile ago when it was on the fritz....lol i cleaned it ^ and what not, funny i put myself in that much danger and didn't even realize it, hehe
happy0046.gif

Back
Top Bottom