Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-11-2006, 08:51 PM   #21
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Reappearing purple spot!

you weren't stupid enough to put a magnet near the screen now are you?

Ronco Rox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 08:53 PM   #22
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Your color tubes are fading. New moniter is needed, plain and simpled. Happening to my TV. On two spots though.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:18 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to BigLu

everyone who's said there's something magnetic near the screen, he's said no to that like 5 times, but nobody thought abotu speeakers. Are there any speakers near the monitor, if so they could be doing it because speakers have magnets in them.
BigLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:25 PM   #24
In Runtime

Kage mentioned speakers a couple posts ago. However, as ArrizX said the color tube are fading. Just becuase it is brand new doesn't mean something can't go wrong with it. There will always be 1 or more defective products in a batch of 100 or so good ones. Maybe he just got a bad crt monitor. If it is under a year old like you said it should still be under warrenty shouldn't it? Try contacting the manufacture directly and see what they say. Just my 2 cents.
iceshooter16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:26 PM   #25
Daemon Poster

Sounds like a burn-in. Try moving it farther away from your computer and see if you come up with similar results, otherwise it might be time to get a new monitor. With the prices these days, you're not gonna have to shell out a lot of money.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:28 PM   #26
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to joe pic Send a message via MSN to joe pic Send a message via Yahoo to joe pic

is there a TV next to your monitor? a cellphone possibly?
joe pic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:34 PM   #27
Daemon Poster

Come on guys, most of you have been asking him questions he already answered in his first post! Read carefully! But yea, it sounds like yer monitors is pooping out.
Western Digital 250 Gig HD
Evga 8800GTS 640mb Oc'd to 615/1000
allenn812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM   #28
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Burn ins arnt purple.

This is a burn in image.

My example of the desktop burnt into the screen with a CRT moniter. Too much time with no screen saver or program running, just the desktop showing. Takes a long time to do that, and its not purple, just in one area..
()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 04:27 PM   #29
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by jervin32189
You should go with LCD monitors. They eliminate the spots from possible magnetism. I have an LCD and I will never switch back.
Don't have money, but when I do I will plan to switch.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronco Rox
you weren't stupid enough to put a magnet near the screen now are you?
...No... no.. and NO again.. I have NOTHING around my monitor! this purple spot just came out of no where, I didn't do ANYTHING to my monitor to cause this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Your color tubes are fading. New moniter is needed, plain and simpled. Happening to my TV. On two spots though.
A new monitor to replace a new monitor, nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joepic
is there a TV next to your monitor? a cellphone possibly?
Enough with the stupid questions. Why is it stupid? ITS BEEN ANSWERED! There is NOTHING around the monitor, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! My monitor is sitting on a freaking white life time table, with my computer located about 2 feet below, the closest devices to my monitor are the keyboard and mouse, and don't even try to say those are causing it..
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenn812
Come on guys, most of you have been asking him questions he already answered in his first post! Read carefully! But yea, it sounds like yer monitors is pooping out.
Yeah pretty much.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
Wow, alot of people said that

Have you checked in the menu's? or pressed a button with Degausse on it? That de-magnatises the screen, which usually causes those kinds of problems.

(The appearing after 15 minutes may be to do with a device thats transmitting magnetic type signals out which is affecting the monitor),

so try moving it slightly more away from the computer (which can cause it), or away from any speaker that may be near there.
There is nothing around my monitor.. and I know how to use degausse.... it works.. for like 15 minutes.. as said before..

You people seem to have trouble understanding that I have nothing, and I MEAN NOTHING AT ALL IN THE VERY LEAST around MY MONITOR! It is completely isolated, now would you all stop asking the same questions?..

Sorry to sound a little angry here.. but geez guys...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
Burn ins arnt purple.

This is a burn in image.

My example of the desktop burnt into the screen with a CRT moniter. Too much time with no screen saver or program running, just the desktop showing. Takes a long time to do that, and its not purple, just in one area..
Yeah, my school has a lot of monitors like that.. they never use screen savers.. don't know why..
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 07:50 PM   #30
Beta Member

If its a CRT then i would say you have a wandering cathode ray or steering coil.
This can be caused by a number of things, usually a dry solder joint on the cathode contacts on the small square board connected to the back of the tube.

Other cause can be a malfunctioning transistor which you would find 3 of also on the small square board connected to the back of the tube. these control the (R)red (G)green (B)blue output from the cathode/anode.

Or it could just be that the screen has had a bad knock at some point and damaged the phosphor coating. badly damaged phosphor would not normalise with a degauss.

MY ADVICE: TAKE IT TO THE SHOP![U]
Please be aware that you should not open a CRT monitor and fiddle unless you really know what your doing as they can hold around 25,000volts!!!!

sandman1976 is offline   Reply With Quote