RealMedia, WindowsMedia, or QuickTime??

kenhkan

Baseband Member
Hi, everyone,

I am not sure this thread fits this forum's topic, but I sure have a hard time deciding which format I should use to have my video made in (for putting on the web). Basically, I have a approx. 30 mins video which I would like to put on the web; I made it with Adobe Premiere and I have all the encoders I need (RM, WinM, and QT). If I want to try to keep the quality of the video while minimizing the size of the video, which format I should use out of the three? Can you also describe the advantages and the drawbacks of the three? Thank you very much. Have a nice one.

K i dont know if you are going to stream but whatever.

The best Codec around is XVID its mpeg 4 compression at its best. I suggest making two passes. If you dont know how: Render it to an avi in raw or high quality. Then use a program like Gordian Knot to make the two passes using the XVID codec.

XVID XVID XVID XVID XVID okay. Unless you are streaming then i would go with quicktime.

ewww for realmedia... specially for my finacee realplayer hates his freakin guts!!! also they keep sending him SPAM. yuck. ewww. realnetworks. eww

hmm, what a positively female like post.

anywho, i use mplayer. :)
mencoder input -oac copy -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vqscale=4:vhq:v4mv:trell:autoaspect -o output.avi

i cbf with 2pass encoding. though its probably worth the time, it isnt really for me :x

I dont use linux.... cant stand it anymore after my web server crashed all the time. and also redhat linux was a pain in the arse..... grrrr..... nothing but a pain... notthing would work.
I think redhat needs to get a clue.... my redhat linux9 was very unstabel and kde alwys crashed and grrr bad evil things would happen with "x" window manager going out and coming back all day....

It was nothing but a mess and I couldnt get the 4 channel audio working I had 2 channel and it was really distorted and it would cut out alot.... we have realtek ac 97 5.1 dolby certified sound.... this is a very popular sound card (embedded) so I dotn understand why it wouldnt support 4 channels.

also you ahve to emulate SCSI if you want to get a cd-r drive to work and lots of the time the SCSI emulation was buggy and would stop at 20 some odd precent.

I had the 2.4 kernel.

and 2.6 still dotn support my dang AGP card.. ya the vid works.. but thats it.. very basic and NO AGP!!!!!

grrrr!!!!

and ya know silly thing is one dya the boot loader kicked the bucket and said :

La La La La La La ........ and kept fillign up the screen with that instead of displaying my boot menu!!! aggrr!!

Back
Top Bottom