This really has me stumped... Specs Question

Anchory

Beta member
Hey, I'm an aspiring computer repairman, just graduated and already applied to go into the army for, preferably, computer repair and work. I have a decent understanding of computer build and the works, but not enough to really know parts. I don't know where to start learning, really, and I'm far from wealthy so I don't often handle good computers.

I recently got a used laptop, and supposedly the person I bought it from claimed it was a good laptop. It's worked well for me, but I enjoy playing legit games here and there and when I bust those out my computer lags absolutely everything up.

Here are my specs, I would like some opinion on them, such would be greatly appreciated.

---------
Computer is a Latitude: D630 -- Laptop.

CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.30 GHz

RAM: 3.6 GB

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Video RAM: 384.0 MB
3D: Yes
Hardware T&L: Yes
Pixel Shader version: 4.0
Vertex Shader version: 4.0

DirectX version: 9.0c

Sound Card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Free Disk Space: 81.6 GB

DVD-ROM: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7580A

-----------

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

The lag is caused by a number of factors. Very generally though, this laptop is a bit dated, so if you want to play newer games, you will have difficulty running them smoothly with good effects.

Basen on your specification, your laptop can use for multiple purpose with standard application, such as images editing, play video, office apps, burning, and other. But if you want use your computer for high end gaming, I think your specification not fully support.

Thank you. I was looking into the Family Chipset issues online and found that there are very few games compatible with the series but among those few there are a couple good ones. I appreciate the help.

Hey, I'm an aspiring computer repairman, just graduated and already applied to go into the army for, preferably, computer repair and work. I have a decent understanding of computer build and the works, but not enough to really know parts. I don't know where to start learning, really, and I'm far from wealthy so I don't often handle good computers.

I recently got a used laptop, and supposedly the person I bought it from claimed it was a good laptop. It's worked well for me, but I enjoy playing legit games here and there and when I bust those out my computer lags absolutely everything up.

Here are my specs, I would like some opinion on them, such would be greatly appreciated.

---------
Computer is a Latitude: D630 -- Laptop.

CPU : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz

CPU Speed: 2.0 GHz Performance Rated at: 3.30 GHz

RAM: 3.6 GB

OS: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)

Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family

Video RAM: 384.0 MB
3D: Yes
Hardware T&L: Yes
Pixel Shader version: 4.0
Vertex Shader version: 4.0

DirectX version: 9.0c

Sound Card: SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Free Disk Space: 81.6 GB

DVD-ROM: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-7580A

-----------

Once again, any help is greatly appreciated.

There's your problem :whistling:

Back
Top Bottom