Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-14-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Default Real trouble please help

I had an operation recently and since I'm recovering there isn't really much I'm aloud to do. So I got into computer games but now I have a problem. I was playing Counterstrike with Steam and now Steam wont open! When I try to open the program an hourglass shows for a second then nothing happens. But Steam starts to run in the background. So it starts to run but wont start up. I tried to post in the steam forums but you have to wait so long to be verified to post and I'm sick of waiting. The Steam FAQ says that this problem can be because, of spyware and viruses and I know I have them and have been downloading every Antivirus and spyware program I can find. None of them are fixing the problem. Alot of the programs suck they cant even find obvious threats. Does anybody have any suggestions?

I have Windows XP I've already tried a system restore but system restore never seems to help me anymore. It doesn't really change anything. I wouldnt mind rebooting my entire computer but I dont know how to do that and dont you need your verification number or something? I'd appreciate any help. I have nothing to do now to distract myself until I'm done recovering its rather depressing .

Devils6258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:05 PM   #2
Fully Optimized
Default Re: Real trouble please help

This happened to my friend, he checked steam forums, which can be located at www.steampowered.com and there recently has been a virus that specifically targets steam accounts. I'd give it a try, they provide a fix in one of the threads i think.

| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Baseband Member
Default Re: Real trouble please help

Thanks I think this actually helped. I followed a few steps on the forums and bought spyware doctor. I'm good to go Much appreciated.
Devils6258 is offline   Reply With Quote