real quick question on my first build for my mom!

zackcon2

In Runtime
I selected some stuff for her computer wich is posted below and i need to make sure it will all fit into the motherboard.

thanks

ASUS P7H55-M Pro Motherboard
EVGA 01G-P3-1452-TR GeForce GTS 450 SuperClocked Video Card
Corsair XMS3 TW3X4G1333C9AG 4GB Dual Channel DDR3 RAM

i got all this from tigerdirect.com i know the processor will since its a i5 with same socket. lol that is the esiest. im sure the rest is to im just not positive.

Yeah the memory, video card and motherboard are all compatible with each other. For next time what you need to compare is that the memory channel type (dual vs triple) is the same on the memory modules and the motherboard. Then look at the memory standard (1066) on the memory and the motherboard and make sure those match. As for the video card it is PCI-E (all should be PCI-E nowdays anyways) and then make sure your mobo has a PCI-E slot (all should nowdays). Only thing I would recommed is not getting a micro board unless you acutally do need to save space (if space is needed will the 8.25" x 4.37" video card size fit in your case?)

no its a very large case wasnt realy paying attention to that lol. what do you suggest, may be a p55 or Asus P7P55D Pro Motherboard?

Depends on how much you are looking to spend. The Asus p55 boards are great, I own one myself in my girlfriend's desktop and they cost about $150-$190. Only real downside to these guys is that they usually(always?) only support dual channel DDR3 instead of support the triple channel capabilities of this type of ram. If your spending a good deal of money buying the i7 processor + triple channel DDR3 memory, and she will be playing video games, then I would get a motherboard that also supports triple channel memory. These guys are bit more expensive, the one that I have cost $260 and it is the EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-KR, however you can probably find cheaper mobo's that support triple channel ddr3 .

You can also check out How to Build a Computer | Parts Selection! for a few different computer builds depending on what your budget is.

Is your mom going to be gaming? I think that video card is a bit overkill lol.

Back
Top Bottom