Ready to cry :(

Are you by any chance using the same SATA power cables/interface cables as you used on the last drive? If you are, use another set.
Try that.

If you have been doing, I'd be tempted to re-install Windows again too, just in case it's somehow corrupted the drive.

Hi Kyle,
You got such a nice powerful system and it not performing will ultimatly feels distress. I would suggest you to just have a look the whether you got the same configuration that you mention. You can do this by right clicking on My Computer image, it will show the actual configuration installed in your system.

Regards.
Mike
rentfusion.com

Guys, it's pretty clear cut it's the hard drive. HDTune is a fantastic program. See if you can find an extra drive laying around somewhere and put that in your system.

I mentioned the cables themselves, because he said this:

"After slowly weeding my way through various parts, I thought the problem laid within the motherboard, but no. I replaced the motherboard and still the same problem. I replaced the power supply with a greater power throughput, still the same problem. I changed the hard drive, still the same problem."

Thats what confused me

Guys, it's pretty clear cut it's the hard drive. HDTune is a fantastic program. See if you can find an extra drive laying around somewhere and put that in your system.

I agree it's clear cut its the hard drive as well, sent it back, its covered under warranty.

I mentioned the cables themselves, because he said this:

"After slowly weeding my way through various parts, I thought the problem laid within the motherboard, but no. I replaced the motherboard and still the same problem. I replaced the power supply with a greater power throughput, still the same problem. I changed the hard drive, still the same problem."

Thats what confused me

I don't know if he replaced with a new hard drive or just one laying around.

OP, can you be a bit more specific?

It certaily sounds like it's the hard drive to me. I think maybe you just got a lemon.

OK, run your HDD tests in DOS, try different SATA cable and also try different SATA ports on mobo, if the drive is failing with all of these, then you should get a code. Get in touch with HDD manufacturer, give them the code and they will give instructions for returning the drive.

Hey guys,

Well I am about to try another hard drive that I have laying around. I only have IDE hard drives, but they should do the trick to find out if it's the hard drive or not.

When I swapped the hard drive out the first time, I am pretty sure I swapped it out for the original one I replaced, because it was screwed. I just noticed that.

That's what you get when you have 50 million old hard drives laying around :p

I will try a different sata cable first, you never know. I will then swap the hard drive, see what happens.

EDIT:
I have tried another hard drive and still the same problem. The only devices left in the system that are the same as when i first built the system are the CPU and RAM (also the graphics card, but I tried running without it and still the same problem).

Also run memtest and no errors occurred.

Could it be the CPU?

Could the case possibly cause any issues?

Back
Top Bottom