Re:using 32" Tv as a monitor

matjay

Beta member
Re:using 32" Tv as a monitor

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about using a 32" Sony Tv as a monitor instead of my standard 15" monitor supplied with my PC. Would a TV Card suffice and would I have to boost the power so to speak of the PC to handle this.

Cheers
matjay :)

Re: using 32" Tv as a monitor

The TV should have a DVI and/or VGA port, just use them!

If the TV has a DVI or a VGA port, then you can simply plug it in with the relevant cable. However, these are only found on relatively new TVs.

If your graphics card has a S-Video or TV-Out port, then you can use that. If your graphics card came with a box to plug into that, plug the relevant TV leads into that box. If not, go down the local electronics shop and ask them :)

You need to run SVIDEO or RCA outputs from your video card (if it has one). If your video card does not have this output, you need to buy a nwe one..

HOWEVER, TV's are poor quality, so don't expect to read text off of it

matjay said:
Hi

Just wondering if anyone can tell me how to go about using a 32" Sony Tv as a monitor instead of my standard 15" monitor supplied with my PC. Would a TV Card suffice and would I have to boost the power so to speak of the PC to handle this.

Cheers
matjay :)
well if your computer has a graphics card, most likely there is a S-Video out port. I know most if not all tvs have a S-Video port so that is one way to connect them. Another ways is via VGA or DVI. I believe no tv tuner card is required unless you want to record TV to your computer or watch tv on your computer. To use you TV as a monitor, you just need to connect to it from you graphics card.

Hope this helps

AMD RULES :cool:

Back
Top Bottom