Re-Appearing Blue Screen

I've been looking around for threads speaking of the same problem. I found a thread on another site describing how a new BIOS was preventing him from overclocking to 3.6Ghz, while an older BIOS version worked better. You can find this thread here

While again the board in that thread is an Asus board, I thought it had a chance of also applying to my board. Could this also be my problem? If so how could I downgrade my BIOS?

As far as certain bios revisions check out your brand specific forum. I don't think you mentioned what brand 780I you had. If you have a EVGA board check out there forum for extra tips. I've got the 680I so there might be a new setting with the 780I's that I'm missing. I'll check back tonight after I get off work.

If you look at my original post you'll see that I have an Evga 780i. I'll go now and check out their forum.

*EDIT* I have now looked there and I don't really see anything or any knowledge of use to me.

Here's another update. I tried stress testing at 8 x 400 = 3.2Ghz with a vcore of 1.4625 and my computer STILL crashed after only 10 minutes. I personally see no reason why with such a high voltage and such a modest overclock that I should crash so soon.

Once again, I have another important update. Running at 8 x 375 = 3.0Ghz I was able to complete a full 3 hour stress test. the full specs for the completed test are as follows:

Voltages
Cpu Core - 1.4v
FSB - 1.3v
Memory - 2.1v
SPP - 1.4v
Mcp - 1.55v
Temps
IDLE - 37-35-34-34
LOAD - 58-56-53-54

Although I am happy that I am fully stable at 3.0, I would really like to get to 3.4. Any more help or information of any kind is very greatly appreciated.

Back
Top Bottom