Re-Appearing Blue Screen

Yes, it is currently stable at 3.2Ghz. The SPP voltage is 1.4V and FSB is at 1.3V currently. Sorry I couldn't post earlier.

Yes, it is currently stable at 3.2Ghz. The SPP voltage is 1.4V and FSB is at 1.3V currently. Sorry I couldn't post earlier.

The definition of stable is not being able to boot into windows.

You need to stress test your overclock settings keeping an eye on your temps. Stress testing will get way hotter than gaming.

Run Prime95 or Orthos for at least 3 hours. If it errors within that time frame your overclock is not stable.

Make sure you run the task manager and double check that each core is 100% usage. You'll need to run either 2 instances of orthos or 4 instances of prime95.

Also as I said in your overclocking thread the FSB juice is really important especially in quad cores. I'm willing to bet the reason you can't get 400 * 8 working is because you don't have enough juice. Try increasing the FSB Voltage to 1.45V-1.5V and give 400 * 8 a go. I bet it works!

Thank you Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀. I booted into windows with 8x1700 = 3.4ghz. CPU at 1.475V and FSB at 1.5V. I'll now run Prime95 for a few hours and see how it turns out. I'll be posting back after the test. Thanks.

Thank you Äߧý∩†H♠H䎀. I booted into windows with 8x1700 = 3.4ghz. CPU at 1.475V and FSB at 1.5V. I'll now run Prime95 for a few hours and see how it turns out. I'll be posting back after the test. Thanks.

yipee.gif
Glad to here you got it running!

BTW I think you meant 8 (Multi) X 425 (FSB) = 3.4Ghz or 1700 (QDR) / 4 = 425 (FSB)

Hopefully everything works out good. If it does error go back into the bios and take your Vcore up another notch as long as your temps are not to high. Watch the temps every 10 minutes or so. I find actual stress testing to produce load temps around 8-13C over heavy gaming.

If your Q6600 is a G0 Stepping your temp threshold is 71C.

I'd only be concerned if it exceeds 70C during the tests. 70C in the actual stress test will likely yield 55-60C max temps in any actual game or productivity suites. If it climbs over 70C during stress testing I'd recommend dropping the Vcore and finding the max stable overclock that you can reach without exceeding 70C.

In the first run my computer crashed after only a minute or so of testing. I then really jacked up the voltages. (See Below)

Cpu Core - 1.5V
FSB - 1.5V
Mem - 2.275V
SPP - 1.5V
MCP -1.7V

Even with these extreme voltages, my computer crashed after only a few minutes of stress testing. This is still running at 8 x 425 = 3.4Ghz. Any idea of what to do? (Idling at these settings my temps are around 42c.)

In the first run my computer crashed after only a minute or so of testing. I then really jacked up the voltages. (See Below)

Cpu Core - 1.5V
FSB - 1.5V
Mem - 2.275V
SPP - 1.5V
MCP -1.7V

Even with these extreme voltages, my computer crashed after only a few minutes of stress testing. This is still running at 8 x 425 = 3.4Ghz. Any idea of what to do? (Idling at these settings my temps are around 42c.)

Yes knock your memory down to 850Mhz for a 1:1 ratio with 4,4,4,12 timings @ 2.1V. Take your MCP back to 1.5V that is not safe at 1.7V

Also unless your using the latest core temp those temps are not right and you need to add 15C so I'm willing to bet its really running 57C. I'm not familiar with good temp programs for quads though check with A true Folder on that.

Also were all 4 cores throttled at 100% usage while running orthos?

Good luck I'll check back tomorrow at work with my MobileMattie SN.

Back
Top Bottom