Re-Appearing Blue Screen

I tried the chkdsk and it took well over an hour to complete. But hey, a lot of times the most efficient things take time. They didn't build the Great Wall in a day did they? (I'll spare you from any more clichés) Thats why I couldn't post back too quickly. So far its worked, but it has only been 15 minutes. Its currently 2:26 AM so I will be hitting the sack and if it continues to work I will post back tomorrow morning (This morning if you want to get technical). Thanks.

Sorry, I should have warned you that it would take some time. Let me know how it works for you.

I had been on the computer this morning for some time (over an hour) and everything was going great. I was getting ready to post back saying its working well but then the blue screen struck again. The same message, but this time after a considerably longer time period. It seems these ideas you are giving me are prolonging the working time of my computer but not fixing it completely. This is quite odd but at least its going somewhere. I thank you for your suggestions so for, but I fear this problem is far from fixed.

I would start looking at your computer temps, and also did you over clock your PC recently as lowndsey said?, if so change it back as you have obviously made your system unstable, for a simple over clock just alter the FSB but only a little bit at a time., when was the last time your PC had a clean out, check the inside of the case for dust, (heatsinc and jumpers), check your fans are working correctly and are not cluttered up, clean out all the air vents.

The computer is only a few weeks old so all vents and fans are functioning very well. And I have always checked my temps and they run idle at just under 40c.

Theres one more thing that may be useful to know. I decided to run a game to see if the problem was accelerated. And sure enough, after only a few seconds of play, the blue screen appeared. Now this doesn't mean the problem only occurs while in game, as it has occurred many, many times while the computer was idle. Hopefully this information will offer some help in tracking down the source of the problem, although it probably doesn't.

I know I seem to be posting too many times in a row, but I cant help making my own discoveries. I figured that I should default the BIOS again and check out the results. It turns out i may have done something wrong last time I tried to default them because this time it fixed the problem. Running at the stock speed on 2.4 ghz for my processor the problem seems to be fixed. I ran HL2 for 10 minutes without the error occurring. This find troubles me because I would really rather not stay at 2.4ghz. Any suggestions on keeping the system stable at 3.4ghz are welcome. I apologize to Lowndsey and blackjack for neglecting their comments as they were obviously good suggestions.

um , it is a bad overclock . im not sure what your running but try something like this

Ram at 5-5-5-15 - 800mhz (important)
Cpu at 400 x8 =3.4
Vcore at something about 1.4 but thats up to your computer

AND download pc wizard 2008 and tell us your temps

I tried those settings as well as tweaked them slightly in both directions but I couldn't even get into windows with them. My computer doesn't seem to like 8x Multipliers. I cant even get it to 3.2 with an 8x Multiplier. However, I did get it stable (I think) at 3.2 with a 9x multiplier.

Back
Top Bottom