Re-Appearing Blue Screen

zlashed

Baseband Member
I am having some pretty extreme issues with a specific blue screen that always occurs. Each time I boot up and log in, the computer works fine for around 30 seconds, then...BAM! The infamous blue screen attacks! My computer only functions in safe mode, which I am posting this message in. Its a generic blue screen just reading "windows has encountered a problem and has shut down to prevent damage to your computer". Then at the bottom it reads 0x00000124 then a bunch of other 0s in a pair of parenthesis. I don't believe it is the RAM causing the issue because I have swapped out the RAM as well as taken one stick out and the problem strikes anyways. If anyone can help me or can offer any advice as to how to fix this problem, please do so. Thanks in advance. (Full Specs Listed Below)

Intel Q6600 Quad Core Overclocked to 3.4ghz

NVIDEA 8800 GTX 768MB

4GB (2 x 2gb) gskill RAM

evga nForce 780i

Zalman 9700

ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 ATX12V / EPS12V 800W PSU

Usually on the bottom quarter of the BSOD (usually right under the 0x00000124)

It should just have a line that lists a file. An example would be something like nvkdlm.dll

Is this the samecomputer which wouldn't boot with the overclock you were using a day or 2 ago?. If so I would try setting your bios settings back to default and see if that stops it.

I don't know how many times you are going to solve my problems celegorm, but you did it again. Whether the solution is simple and obvious (like this one), or complex, you always seem to know the answer. I have tried that last known good configuration before for other problems and it seemed completely useless, but I guess I was wrong. I once again appreciate your help, and give you many thanks. Lowndsey, yes it is the same computer but I had already tried to default the bios settiings with no luck. Thanks for the suggestion nonetheless.

FALSE ALARM I'm very sorry for the confusion but I had no idea that booting last know good configuration would cause the problem to take 15 minutes to occur rather than 30 seconds, but thats exactly what happened. Any more suggestions are appreciated.

hmm let's try this:

Open up command prompt (Start\run\cmd). In command prompt type "chkdsk /r" and press enter. Make sure there is a space between the "k" and the "/".

It will ask if you want to run this at next start up since it cannot do it then, type "Y" and press enter. Now restart your computer and it'll run on boot up.

Back
Top Bottom