Raptor HDD ???

Zer0Cool said:
So if i would to switch from 2WD Hdd 7,200rpm's in a raid 0 config to at 10,000 rpm raptor will i see any perfromace degration on my current system?

Zer0Cool,

I looked into it a little more, and i wasn't right.

2X 7200 RPM drives in raid 0 Outperform a single WD raptor.

But as you know, you have 2X the chance for failure with RAID 0.

sorry for the misunderstanding man :D

http://www.ocforums.com/showthread.php?t=310250

o ok ty Lamb , can u please give me a link to the FASTEST raptor out there. I dont need it to be big size, coz i have planty of storage, as u can see i have 2x hdd 400g each (800g Total) in raid 0, il prob use that for like movies/games and i have 500g exturnal hdd that actually u helped me select a wile ago.

73gig is the smallest but all raptors are 10k so any is fast think they make a 73 and a 150g try newegg and just search raptor

id say only get the bigger drive if you do video editing, or absolutely need tons of space. id say the size of files isnt increasing as fast as the size of the Hard drives. Id be fine for a VERY long time with a 150gig raptor.

Zer0Cool said:
o ok ty Lamb , can u please give me a link to the FASTEST raptor out there. I dont need it to be big size, coz i have planty of storage, as u can see i have 2x hdd 400g each (800g Total) in raid 0, il prob use that for like movies/games and i have 500g exturnal hdd that actually u helped me select a wile ago.

once you get the raptor, id put ur OS on that, along with the rest of your programs/games/etc.... and get off raid on the 2 400gb hdd's. it's a little risky because if one dies youll lose all data

muz379 said:
73gig is the smallest but all raptors are 10k so any is fast think they make a 73 and a 150g try newegg and just search raptor
the smallest is 36gig

Back
Top Bottom