Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 03-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #21
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to 135791
Default Re: Random Shutdowns During Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungIT View Post
If this is all true, then why does it take hours for it to finally shut down, then will shut down if I try gaming right after it restarts, yet will work just fine for another couple hours if I let it set for a while?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

No I sold that. If the new cooler does not work, I'm selling the card as defective and buying a GTX 970.
You perfectly described a CPU overheating there. Is your cooling system working fine? Lots of dust inside the case or on the fans? Is there space around the inside and outside your tower for air circulation?

135791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #22
Wizard of Wires

I have a thermometer with a lead on it I use to check temps in the case. It's a indoor/outdoor model I scarfed up at Wally World for 10 bucks. Runs for years on a aaa battery. Ok let me get to the point.
I run the probe in through the water cooling openings in the back of the case. I can then put the probe anywhere I have a question about the temps. If you do this and have it say on the CPU fins and it shuts down, check the temp readout before it has a chance to cool off. If you're ok there next stop is the GPU cooling. Same drill as before. If it shuts down check the temp.
If it's temp related, you'll have a pretty good idea who the culprit is.

Don't jump to conclusions and take your time trouble shooting. Most of the time it's something simple that gets overlooked. In other words, the devil's in the details.

By the way guys I have a AX850 for several years now. Not a single problem out of it, period. Right now it's been pushing my system non stop for 6 months unattended.

Wait a minute here. Do you have your computer on a UPS? Could be a brown out or a spike. Hmmm

setishock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:32 PM   #23
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 135791 View Post
You perfectly described a CPU overheating there. Is your cooling system working fine? Lots of dust inside the case or on the fans? Is there space around the inside and outside your tower for air circulation?
Dumbass me.... I have the fan on the Water Cooling block sucking in air XD. But no, I have a thermometer running while I'm gaming and it never gets to a bad temperature.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
I have a thermometer with a lead on it I use to check temps in the case. It's a indoor/outdoor model I scarfed up at Wally World for 10 bucks. Runs for years on a aaa battery. Ok let me get to the point.
I run the probe in through the water cooling openings in the back of the case. I can then put the probe anywhere I have a question about the temps. If you do this and have it say on the CPU fins and it shuts down, check the temp readout before it has a chance to cool off. If you're ok there next stop is the GPU cooling. Same drill as before. If it shuts down check the temp.
If it's temp related, you'll have a pretty good idea who the culprit is.

Don't jump to conclusions and take your time trouble shooting. Most of the time it's something simple that gets overlooked. In other words, the devil's in the details.

By the way guys I have a AX850 for several years now. Not a single problem out of it, period. Right now it's been pushing my system non stop for 6 months unattended.

Wait a minute here. Do you have your computer on a UPS? Could be a brown out or a spike. Hmmm
No I don't have a UPS. Where I live, I really don't have the need for one. We rarely ever lose power, and it's mostly during the summer when lighting storms roll through, and at that point, she gets unplugged because I'm never risking a surge .
Old 03-23-2015, 02:10 PM   #24
In Runtime

It's not CPU over heating for sure. I still say try a new PSU... Get a 970 or 980 and you'll most likely have the same issue you have now... Good luck though

Asus USB 3.0 Mobo - 16Gb DDr3 1866mhz Ram - AMD FX 6300 Hexa core 4.0Ghx OC - Corsair CX600M PSU - Corsair H80i Cooler - Gigabyte Gefore GT 730 2Gb GDDr5 - WD Blue 1tb 7200rpm - WD 360gb 5200rpm Backup drive.
NikonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote