random shutdowns

handman

Solid State Member
my computer has just started to randomly shut down with no warning no blue screen nothing in event viewer although it is set to not restart and to write in event viewer.
I have cleaned all fans and all working well replaced the psu yesterday still the same problems
in the bios it is written
cpu t control 40c
system temp 30c
cpu fan speed 3199rpm
system fan 0 although all fans are working on computer 2 case fans cpu and psu
cpu vcore 1.26v
its a geoforce 6100sm-m mother board
amd athlon64 4000+ dual core
2 gb ram
windows xp
any ideas what the problem could be sometimes it can run for hours then keeps shutting down even does this on first start up when its been of for over 8 hours
have ran the computer today in safe mde for 10 hours not 1 shutdown so what else runs when not in safe mode that it could be?
thanks
thanks

sounds almost definate to be a virus, especially if it doesnt shut down in safe mode

go into safe mode, make sure there is no internet connection and do a full sysetm scan. What virus scanner you got?

It's possible that something is grounding out? Getting a short circuit somewhere could cause the computer to suddenly shut down. Also the fans just randomly stopping seems like it might be a short. Slap me if I sound crazy.

going to get new surge protector tomorrow wondering if that is causing the problem I know only the computer shuts off but that is pulling the most power and going to check all leads back to the socket as well

Ah that one thing I was thinking more about shorts inside the actual computer. Not necessarily between the computer and the wall. Just something else to think about and possibly take a look at.

well bought new surge protector made no difference so formatted reinstalled windows but have not installed sound card or video drivers and computer has ran non stop for 6 hours so tomorrow will try a few programs on there see hoe it goes before trying sound driver first then see how that goes before I do video drivers 1 step at a time till we can rule out any drivers etc

Reloading it has probably done the job. It is nothing on the computer it's self because it will work fine in safe mode.

formatted and reinstalled windows xp but did not install sound card, lan and graphic card drivers ran for 6 hours no problems today installed the lan card went on internet and it shut down straight away so could be the nic card even though it works in safe mode

formatted and reinstalled windows xp but did not install sound card, lan and graphic card drivers ran for 6 hours no problems today installed the lan card went on internet and it shut down straight away so could be the nic card even though it works in safe mode

It's probably the Ethernet card your right...It's not that active in safe mode.

Back
Top Bottom