Random freezing

Jesusfrk611

Fully Optimized
The past 2 days I've had my system freeze on me twice for no reason and need a BIOS reset both times. I've had it freeze before this for no reason at all as well with no BIOS reset needed. Generally the freezing happens when I'm watching a DVD or browsing the internet. Nothing my system can't handle. The freezes were annoying, but I just lived with them because I was too lazy to bother thinking about what was going on. But now that I need to reset the BIOS every time, it's seemingly becoming a larger problem. The system will post after turning it off and on after the freeze, but won't get past post or load CMOS. Just wondering if anyone has experienced anything similar. I've been changing around hard drives a lot lately and have installed Windows 7 Pro. That's all the changes that have happened to the system since the freezes have started.

I'm experiencing the same problem and I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit. My brother got a brand-new laptop that also came with Windows 7, but the Home Premium edition (32-bit, I think). He also gets random freezes. We both run Google Chrome and our freezes occur there at random intervals. I believe this is just an issue with compatibility since Google hasn't released a Windows 7 certified version (as far as I know). My freezes are far more frequent then my brother and I believe this to be a hard-drive issue. I've owned this hard-drive for almost 5 years, and that's about their age limit. My Windows installation will often corrupt and require recovery. My final analysis is that temporary freezes are cause by the Chrome compatibility issues, while booting and freezing that requires shut down are hard-drive issues.

My problems come from either using Firefox or Power DVD from what I can tell. I think those are the only 2 programs it has crashed on. I have Chrome installed, but rarely use it. So it's not really a Chrome compatibility issue for me. I could believe it to be a Windows 7 based problem as I'm only seen it using Windows 7 Pro x64. I have 7 x64 Home Premium on my laptop and it works fine, as well as I had the RC version before with no problem, and XP before that. But that doesn't explain why my BIOS needs to be reset the past 2 times I've had the problem. I lied when I said the hard drives and Windows 7 were the only changes. I recently got a Blu-Ray player for it that I had forgotten I put in this past week. I would think it would be the Blu-Ray player if it only ever froze when playing discs from this drive, but that is not the case as it has happened when just browsing Firefox.

Back
Top Bottom