Random Crash's UNKNOWN

Duzz

In Runtime
My computer sometimes crash's says unknown Device Error from windows when i report it. I dont know whats going on with it though. That is just one way it crashs, and its the blue screen of death and a restart.

Also i get a Crash when the screen just turns a bunch of different colors, i dont know what is causeing it. I loaded all the drivers and even updated the Video driver if im not mistaken.

I dont know whats wrong but when i try to Update the Bios on my MOBO it goes to there Quick bios setup and starts reading the disk and then nothing happens. I dont know whats going on.

Most of the Crashs happen Early when i first start up my computer. Probualy a tough one to figure out. :confused:

Computer is not running hot at all. CPU is 52C right now, and the rest are well below that. Any Answers to what might be happening?

Computer specs are:
DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-D
AMD Athlon 64 3800+
2X 512mb Ballstix ram
Leadtek 6800GT

My CPU is a 3500+ and runs fine at around 52 degrees when a few programs are loaded... Might need to get a new cooler, but I don't think that is causing it.

Alot of errors like this tend to be a memory problem with random crashes. Could you possibly take out one of the sticks of ram, check stability, then place that back in, tand put the next one in. You might have a bad ram chip.
I've had one that caused random errors like that, and I didn't realise it was the RAM chips until very late

99nasha said:
IS your card overclocked?? Your tempretures may be to high....

No everything is not OC. I cant update the driver and it is pissing me off. Maybe you could point me in the right direction i went to the dfi website to figure out what one i needed got the thing that makes a disk and just reboot the computer and the boot disk booted saying type the name of the file, which was there already but did not work just sat there doing nothing. So powered off.

Try and reposition RAM chips, and try steps above. You never know

I am for certain the ram works, the board has the Chips to be in the 2 and 4 slots on the DFI board, for Dual Channle. SO i placed them in there, did ram check they work fine. BTW kage where do you live, and im not at home right now, im at work.

Why do you want to know where I live? :p Its 12.50am here and I'm in the UK.

I know, the checking might still say there okay. I'd take out one chip at a time and check stabilty anyway. Its worth a shot...

it could also be yuor video card in some way

That would be very weird, ok i will try. What i realy want to do is Update my bios. O and the Random Crashs only happen when i just start the computer. like when you start running sometimes your leg may give out, but when you start and warm up nothing happens, thats whats kinda happening with the computer, it may just have a mind of its own. :)

Back
Top Bottom