random crashing grrrrrrr

salad

Beta member
i just got my new computer

MSI neo 4 939
amd64 3000+
bfg 6800 gt oc
1 gig mem

when i play doom 3 and halo, after 5 min it just crashes and the monitor goes into power save mode.

please help me

first thing first!
Welcome to the Forum!

You just got it or just built it? Big difference here because if you just got it and you open the case you may void your warranty! Please read your warranty manual before opening it up.
Try this:
go to control panel and power options and change the power schemes to always on and then adjust your adjust monitor time to about 20 minutes. Then in the same area the hibernate tab and uncheck the hibernate box.
let us know if it helps or not

maybe its some unstable things going on. i dunno if it has to do with power schemes... please go into more detail though. ur playing it... and it just crashes? the whole computer just shuts down and the screen into hibernate?

Welcome Salad... I had a compuer and it was a senix and it did that all the time. Took it back to the store and aperently it had bad Random Access Memory I don't know.

Yeah, your RAM could be the problem, but if it hasn't been built properly, it could be temperature issues too, or your video card.

I'd take it back, and get them to repair or replace it since its new :) Or did you build it yourself? If you did, I'd presume the video card to be more the fault than the RAM.

One thing though, there shouldn't be an issue with the graphics card, since BFG auto overclocks the cards anyways to work better, but it could still be the card if somethings not working right. But it could also be the RAM, though this seems less apparent.

I hope this helps :)

EDIT: Does anyone know if Geforce cards have a VPU recover like ATi cards do that can be switched on to see if it recovers from a crash?

first- i built the computer
second- I know its not the RAM because I had crashing before on other games but I changed it out and it worked fine
third-it only happens on these games

EDIT* I have upgraded the video card from a ATI x300 se, and card didnot crash on any game

It'll probably just be faulty. The problem is that it resets the computer every 5 minutes of playing games.

So just send it back and get a replacement, easy as done.

If it still carries on, (yet you say its not the ram) then we can sort something out from there. It probably is it though.

How come by the way has your name changed from Salad to Saladd?

Back
Top Bottom