ram working?

ocfre

Baseband Member
is there any programs or something on your computer that lets you know if your ram works 100%? b/c i just installed another 512 stick of ram and i'm not all that computer smart, so i really can't tell the difference if it is making one. any one have anything that i'd understand?

also if you have any games that yo uplayed before you installed the ram try them now..preferably games that strain your computer.

maybe this will help you.
Start>R click My Computer and select properties.
On the page should tell you the ram that is installed and working in your system. If it is different than what you know is installed then it is probably shared with a graphics interface. If your system doesn't use the shared memory then any difference in what is posted and what you know should be there is failed memory.
Also on most computers a post page is shown upon boot and it should reveal what your memory is reading.. And as I see that you have installed another 512 ...is it that you are looking for a confirmation as to dual channel? In the post page it should also state that dual channel is engaged if it is used in your system... If not then it isn't supported with what you have.
Hope that helps you!

the my computer properties says 1Gig ram, is that right or is it suppose to say 1024ram?

It should say 1024...It looks as though you have either a loss of 24 megs or it is being shared by something.
Remove the 2nd stick of ram...reboot and navigate back to the properties page and see what it says then.
Then swap them around and try it and see what is reported. You will be able to tell which is shorted that way if it is loss if it is shared then there should be a 24 meg difference on each stick singly checked.
You can also download this freebie and it will give you more details as to what you have installed. see what it says...It could be a windows error...
everest: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

are you sure that it should say 1024 would it really make a difference with all the ram he already has. But everest should have it for you.

everest says 1024 under system memory , so am i ok?

Field Value
System Memory 1024 MB (DDR SDRAM)

i copied that line and this is what paste

Back
Top Bottom