RAM usage during games

WiiManDustin

Baseband Member
As of now, I am running on 2 gigs of ram and wanted to know if going to 3 or 4 gigs would make much difference...The game is Hellgate London for now and it's recommending 3 gigs of ram on recomended settings so I dunno if going to 4 would make no sense or if it would actually help out.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Intel Centrino Duo @1.66GHz - Dual 120GB 5400rpm HDs - 2GB ram - Nvidia 8700m GT - Windows Vista Home Premium

well with vista it can reconise 4Gb of RAM. i played the demo on 1gb ram . it played very smoothly , so if you have 2Gb RAM it should play very well.
do you own the game or have you played the demo .

I own the game, but with what I have now there is constant lag and I really cant have the settings up too high. DirectX 10 has to be turned off and 9 has to be used.....I guess my comp cant handle 10

His specs where in is sig before,

Intel Centrino Duo @1.66GHz - Dual 120GB 5400rpm HDs - 2GB ram - Nvidia 8700m GT - Windows Vista Home Premium

sorry i didnt see it before its not ur ram its ur cpu a 1.66ghz cpu wont cut it ,ull need a 3.00 dual core to play on high

yeah the cpu seems kinda weak.
And I've heard that the dx10 support in hellgate london is pretty crappy, so that might be one of the reasons that it doesn't work too well when you have dx10 enabled.

I have the same problem. It's the system in my sig. I am playing Oblivion at max and am getting 45-50 FPS Minimum. Yet I sometime I get lags, even though the FPS is very high. It's OC'ed a bit, should I increase the vcore or the memory voltage slightly? Or could it be the PSU even? I have 600W which is surely sufficiant though.

i canrt see anything wrong with ur system.
but i did see this video on you tube . the producer of oblivion said it runs at high fps . and occaisonaly get some lag spikes. if u dont have it already download the latest patch for oblivion

Back
Top Bottom