RAM Usage - 0%, problem.

NeciFiX

In Runtime
Yeah.

This is weird.

I have the Thoosje sidebar (like the Vista or Google sidebar) and its RAM/CPU indicator says that my RAM usage (I recently upgraded from 2 gigs to 3, I did so today) says that my RAM usage is 0%!!! The heck!?

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7640/lolgq6.jpg

Yeah... I turned on a game and saw my page file usage went from 890MB to over 1GB! Apparently, my PC is doing this wrong and is using page file instead of RAM. I set my page file to 5GB, I was testing something. Should I take it down or will that not help? How do I get my PC to actually use RAM?

uhm , try turning pagefile OFF, because with 3gb you most likely wont need it anways, and set priority of ram and stuff to applications!

and also it said about 1 gb of your ram was being used in the system cache just to let you know

how did you get the vista theme for xp?

You can see in the Task Manager, you haven't got all of your RAM available so some is being used

I might turn page filing off, or very low. Good idea, it said today when I got home RAM Usage was 15%, then went down to 2%, then fluctuated back up, then page file went up and down.

P.S. I used Vista Customization Pack 3.6 and Inspirat Bricopack.

your ram is being used, that bar just isnt reading it right. you have to be using ram, thats the only place the CPU will go to look for stuff other than the caches. it cant look directly onto hard drives for data.

Back
Top Bottom