Ram Question(dont we love ram?)

Brognan

In Runtime
anyhoo my mobo spec says:

Support for DDR2 533MHz and DDR2 400MHz DIMMs

but then some ram you get thats higher that what the above says(800MHz) will work on a motherboard that says the above...so will 800MHz work on said motherboard?

It should, really all that should happen is the 800MHz RAM will run at the slower speed of 533MHz.

well i go have 2 gigs of ram at 533mhz...so maybe i should bother with it right now until i have money to test...right? or just not bother at all

celogram is right the only FSB: DRAM ratio your MB supports is typical of 533mhz ram. if you have a good cpu you could buy DDR2 800 and overclock the FSB to reach the 800MHz and then you could probaly still decrease the timings on the ram too

i got A-Data RAM from newegg and it OC's all the way up to DDR2 1080 from DDR2 800

yea i dont have those kinda options in the BIOS...i wonder if i can upgrade the BIOS? i dont mind the ram being the speed it is, the sheer upgrade from 512mb to 2gigs suprised the hell out of me

yea i dont have those kinda options in the BIOS...i wonder if i can upgrade the BIOS? i dont mind the ram being the speed it is, the sheer upgrade from 512mb to 2gigs suprised the hell out of me

you can always flash the bios. Though it will probably be hard to find a bios compatible with your mobo which would let you overclock. Still worth a try.

Back
Top Bottom