Ram Question.

for a few dollars more or even the same amount (depending on how much the shipping would be for the memory you linked), you could get this 4GB set of G.Skill for $39.99 shipped, the advantage is that they have a heat spreader and would run less of a chance of overheating, they also look pretty cool...

;)

Yeah, I saw that. Well since I'm on a huge budget, and trying to save money for the HD 4850, I need as much bang for my $$$$ as possible.

And the $33 suits me well.

Thanks, though! :)

I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to say, the G.Skill is actually cheaper by $1 because there is no shipping fee, the $39.99 is the total cost to have it shipped to your front door, unless you live in Cali (IIRC), and good lookin' out with that link AR, I forgot it in my post...

I don't quite know how to dual boot. You have to resize a new partition and install there. How you do that? I'm not sure.

Yes. You'd have to create/resize a partition AFTER the older version of windows (at least that's the rule of thumb). For instance, I'm dual-booting XP/Vista. So, when I built my system, I formatted 4 partitions. The first for XP, the second for Vista, the third for my documents, and the fourth for movies. When I installed, I installed XP first, then installed Vista because Vista tends to handle the boot loader a little better than if you install Vista THEN XP (IIRC). Now when I boot I get a screen with the option to load a "previous version of windows" (XP) or Vista. So in this case, rule of thumb would be to resize/create a partition after the current O/S and install W7.

Anyone who's actually DONE this can reply and let me know if this info is correct....

I don't think you're understanding what I'm trying to say, the G.Skill is actually cheaper by $1 because there is no shipping fee, the $39.99 is the total cost to have it shipped to your front door, unless you live in Cali (IIRC), and good lookin' out with that link AR, I forgot it in my post...

Well, I'm impatient as hell..........but you know what. G.Skill is better ram..and probably a bit faster. so i could wait 3 more days.

thanks..ill probably go w/ that.

Back
Top Bottom