Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-27-2005, 09:14 PM   #11
In Runtime

This little Devil swapped words:

"The Compaq/HP 3300+ (A64) is almost (actually) a 3400+ Newcastle but with only 256KB of L2 cache...

r53s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 09:34 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX
Default Re: RAM question

wut kinda gamming you into?

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 10:00 PM   #13
Solid State Member

I'm into racing simulation games, or sims. We just recently picked up GTR. I can only run with a few cars and in dry weather, or else there is major lag. Thanks for the replies, by the way. I did get the e-mail before you edited your post, arrizx. The reason I was gonna upgrade this PC (being an HP) is for the reason above. Also, we just can't afford to build a new computer after purchasing this. It would cost a lot, so I thought upgrading this would be cheaper. There will be future sims with much more detail. I don't think we'll ever be able to afford the top-of-the-line stuff while I don't have a job, but I don't need stuff like that PCI SLI Express. I removed part of the case and found out that what is in this for a power supply is a 270W PS. I was thinking of getting an eVGA nVIDIA 6600GT AGP card, one more gig of RAM, and a more powerful power supply (I will need one if I get these upgrades). I can install that stuff, but, like I said, I know pretty much nothing about computers. Now, what about this Sempron? If this isn't a real 64 bit processor, that gets me angry. It says on the front of the case that this uses an AMD Athlon 64 Processor. I also read some stuff about whatever it is in here being an OEM processor. What's that? Sorry for these questions lol. Please help me out, though.

JJ88 is offline   Reply With Quote