RAM/Processor Question

tj107us1

In Runtime
Hi there have a problem with my RAM its only running at 1066 and it is a 1333 Stick. I went into BIOS and it said that my processor can only run it at 850 or 1066. i have a Intel core i7 930 processor. Do anyone have any idea whats going on? My motherborad is a Asus P6X58D-E.

I looked up your motherboard and it is supposed to support 1066/1333/1600/2000 DDR3. With the new i7 architecture, I'm not sure the RAM is supposed to be bottlenecked as much as it was by the Core 2 architecture. This may just be a setting you have to change on the BIOS. Have a peek around, and see if there's anything you can change regarding memory frequency. Be very careful though, you don't want to change a QPI and end up overclocking your processor.

As I am typing this post, I just realized that while your motherboard supports a QPI of 6.4GT/s, your processor only performs up to 4.8GT/s. This may be the reason behind your bottleneck.

Go into the BIOS and set the DRAM Frequency to X10. If your having trouble getting the required speeds then disable the AI Overclock stuff.

At stock BCLK Frequency that will give you a 1333Mhz RAM speed.

You can actually run the QPI at more than 7GT/s when overclocking but this is irrelevant here.

Back
Top Bottom