RAM Problems

bbond919

Beta member
whats up my im new to the forum and also just learning all about the computer internals. I have 2 256mb or ram installed on my pc to = 512 and my computer>properties says that i have 326,064 kb Ram. I thought that was strange becasue it always has been 512 in the past. If anyone has any ideas or anything your help and info is greatly appreciated. I am completely stumped and have no idea how to fix the problem.
Thanks

Do you have an onboard video? Cuz if you do you IGP wil take memory from your sticks of ram for itself.

3d mark 03 gives you detailed specs on your system including ram placement and such. Motherboards often label dimm slots wrong. Placing you ram in the right Dimm slots makes a huge difference.

Detailed specs on your system would help.

i know that their in place right....and i do know their is an onboard video card but i have no idea what kind.....i tried to get a video card and fry's electronics couldnt even put it in. its a millenium micron pc. about a month ago the ram read 512mb and now its maybe 300,000kb. a warning comes up saying obstruction at "0x12215736"referrenced memory at "0x12215736" memory couldnt be read
press ok 2 terminate

Back
Top Bottom