Ram overclocked :(

Promethious

Solid State Member
Ok so i was playing around with my computers BIOS and overclocked my ram from about 600mhz to 1080mhz Then i went to exit out of the BIOS and saved it by mistake. My computer then restarted like it always does and started to beep 3 times then staid on but my screen would not turn on. I thought i fried my ram so i changed out the ram. No change. So i thought i Fried my video card. so i took that out. No change. then i took my entire computer apart. put it back together. No change. Please I would really appreciate some help. Thanx in advance.

Computer specs

windows xp pro 64 bit
Intel quad cor 2.66 Ghz possessor
360 GB HDD
512mb Nvidia 8500 GT silent graphics card
2 x 2 GB gold vista edition OCZ ram
400 watt power supply
Intel motherboard
sound card. (no idea)

P.S I built this computer about 9 months ago and have lost all the boxes for it in a move so I'm sorry that i do not know as much as i should.

Take the quarter sized battery out for about 5-10 minutes, then put it back, and see if that works.
If it doesnt, then take it out, and leave it out for 1 hour - a day, and then put it back in.

This would reset the BIOS, and the settings would be reverted back to default.

Take the quarter sized battery out for about 5-10 minutes, then put it back, and see if that works.
If it doesnt, then take it out, and leave it out for 1 hour - a day, and then put it back in.

This would reset the BIOS, and the settings would be reverted back to default.

if it's booting up and freezes then try to get into the bios before it freezes and set your RAM back to it's normal specs, or just load the fail safe defaults, if you can't get into the bios then try to do what Teny said...

also, if you do what Teny said, make sure you unplug the power plug from the psu or the wall first, you should do this any time you open up your pc anyway just as a precaution...

yeah, forgot to mention that.
I usually flick the switch in the back, wait for a few seconds, then pull the plug.

yeah as the others said, just pop out that battery on the motherboard, unplug the power from the psu first though and let it set out for about 10 minutes so it can reset your BIOS. ive done this plenty of times... it only seems to give me the beeps with ocing my ram lol never cpu haha

Ok so i let my computer rest over night. no power to it and in the morning i plugged it all in. when i went to go turn it on it did nothing. nothing happened at all. so i take the case off and try again looking at the motherboard this time. Nothing. The motherboard is not even showing that it is getting power. (the little green light is not on. ) So i decided to try one more time and this time it turns on for about 1 second then turns back off. this was not happening yesterday at all. After this I pop the battery on the motherboard and let it sit for a little over a half an hour. Then i put it back in connect everything back up and still nothing. It does not even try to turn on. I paid a lot for this computer so i am really distraught right now. So any help would be really good.

Ok scratch that last part about the computer not turning on I'm an idiot. lol. Just forgot to turn the switch in the back on. lol. But still same three beeps. :( still need. Thanx in advance again.

O and also I cant tell if it is booting up It never displays anything on the screen. the screen says "No input Signal" .

Did you remove the battery while the computer was unplugged? You can also unplug it and move the clear cmos jumper over so it crosses to the other pin (with the computer unplugged), for about a half minute, then move it back and plug it back in.

After clearing the CMOS (BIOS), did you try the other parts like what you did before? (other ram, took out video card, etc)

I just did everything that i did before again and there is no change. The computer will turn on for about 1/2 a sec then turns off for about 3 seconds. After that it turns back on giving me 3 long Beeps.

do you have another motherboard to try out the ram, CPU, graphics, and all your current hardware?

Back
Top Bottom