RAM and Motherboard Prob

Planescape1

Baseband Member
Anyone up for an interesting one?

I have an Intel Based Gigabyte SINXP1394 Motherboard with a 3.0H/T P4 cpu. With this I used to use 3 x Corsair XMS3500 512mb RAM. Earlier this year I bought an Athlon 64 with Asus AV8 Deluxe board and transferred it all over.

I recently decent to build up a second computer with the Intel board and 1 stick of the Corsair ram.
The problem I'm having is that when the RAM is put into the computer and booted up nothing happens, I get a blank screen. I borrowed a stick of 256mb 2700 ram from a friend and that worked fine. I plugged my Corsair ram into his Motherboard and that worked fine in there. I have also tried the other two Corsair sticks of ram in the Intel board with no luck.

So the Corsair RAM and the RAM slots on the Intel board do work but for some reason not together even though it used to work fine..... Confused? I am

The sticks will only go in one way so they're definitely in the right way. I have already tried the other way just to make sure and still didn't work.

This is PC3500. Is your RAM DDR2 or DDR?

If it's DDR2, don't even bother. Your trying to make a 240-pin memory stick to work on a 184-pin DDR module.

Its a DDR motherboard, and this ram did work in there before, it was working for over 2 years. So I definitely know it should work.

Back
Top Bottom