RAM isn't being recognized by the motherboard

bkovar

Solid State Member
I recently have gotten a new motherboard, processor and RAM and everything seems to work great except the RAM is not being recognized by the motherboard. I know this because little LED lights that are by each of the main components light up if there is something wrong and the one by the RAM is always lit whenever I start up the computer. CPU, GPU and everything else is working fine as far as I can tell. I have tried everything, taking out all but one stick of RAM, swapping slots and even getting new RAM and testing that, but I have not had a single break through. Can anyone help me with this? My processor is an FX 4100 3.6 GHz Quad-Core and my motherboard is an ASUS M5A99X Evo. I am using 1866 RAM because that is the required RAM needed for the processor. Thank you!

well, if you could calculate the watt of each part, maybe it might be not enough wattage getting to a certain memory slot..

tried another psu?

Well, the RAM type and speed is in the supported list for the board. 600W should be plenty, but I've never heard of that model/make/whatever personally, could be worth trying another PSU if you've got one handy.

Other than that, it might be worth checking the manual for the motherboard just to check how ASUS wants you to arrange your memory in there.

are you sure you are installing the ram correctly?
when i build my first PC (a X58 platform) i installed the ram wrong.
you need to use slot 0 and then slot 2 and then slot 1 and last slot 3.

Echo brings up a good point, the AMD boards have historically not cared about this, but it's still good advice to keep in mind.

Sounds like a bum board at this point - if the RAM isn't recognized in certain slots, regardless of the RAM, then it is likely an issue with those slots.

Back
Top Bottom