Ram Help

Robbieskywalker

Baseband Member
Hello! So i want to upgrade my ram in my laptop but how do i know if its ddr, ddr 2 ETC ? And does my laptop have a ram limit?

RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com

Click on the Memory Configurator and follow the prompts. It will tell you exactly what you currently have, what your max ram is, and what RAM is compatible. You can then order it directly from them (or take what they tell you and buy it elsewhere if you want).

I've NEVER been disappointed with Crucial. They are not the cheapest, but usually not *that* much more pricey than others, and they guarantee what they sell you is compatible.

I took off the cover but i dont see the second ram slot?" do i have to take off the entire thing? theres only one cover,

What model laptop is this? Have you confirmed from Crucial's site whether you have more than one slot?

Some laptops have one stick of RAM under the keyboard, and a second, more easily accessible one under a door on the bottom. Some laptops have the RAM stacked, so you have to take out the first stick to get to the second stick. Stab in the dark without us knowing what you are staring at...

Ok, You have Two Slots, your Laptop can support up to 8GB. With 4GB per Slot.

This means that you do have two slots, an easy way to see what RAM you need it to download CPU-Z or look at the sticker on the RAM Sticks Pre-Installed. But i know that you need DDR2 either PC2-6400 or 5300.

If you purchase higher than 8GB you laptop will probably not recognize the memory.

Back
Top Bottom