Ram cooler necessary?

With regards to the RAM cooler - It's only necessary if you plan to over-volt the RAM to sustain it's overclock.

Otherwise it's not necessary.

Not needed if your not overclocking and probably will not be needed even if you are overclocking.

I've overclocked for years. I will tell you from personal experience. I have used those style RAM coolers along with hard drive coolers etc.

The three things I worry about when oc'ing a computer is the CPU, GPU and the case. Good case design and cooling (fans), combined with thoughtful wire management with good air channeling are the most productive things you can focus on. If you do a good job on these steps you will not need stuff like those RAM coolers. If and only if your RAM runs hot, after you have done the previous things, would I worry about cooling the RAM. You won't know this until you have it all together and running.

Holy Smokes, 10 Fans thats insane. If you can live with the noise of ten fans, cooling the case should be gravy. Fans use miliamps normally around 200ma most of the rails on you PSU have several amps normally 15-25A on some rails. This means you can daisy chain several fans to one plug with out a lot of worries.

if you have 1 amp you could plug in 5 200ma fans. I would not max it out just giving you an example

Back
Top Bottom