Ram compatibilitie?

Insunna

In Runtime
Right now I have 512kb ddr2 sdram micron tech and i've been looking into upgrading to 1gb+.

Now i know when you have ram it needs to be the same.. But does same only mean ddr2 sdram.. Or does it mean same brand as well? because if i can just buy another Gig of ram with out worrying about the Brand, then I'm not going to look into buying 2GB

I would just go out and buy the same RAM that you have now, or better yet, replace yours with a brand new kit.

Yea, I'm going to be buying a whole different brand. Right now i have Micron Tech (It's what Dell uses) Since I've never heard of the brand I'm against it. lol

Well I'm looking to spend around 150-200 for my ram. I saw them on newegg last time i checked and was thinking about it. But i want to make this investment worth it's while. Something thats going to last me. My mobo has 4 ram ports each able to hold up to 1gb of ram. (Not that i want 4gigs of ram) but i would like to make them of use. maybe 2gigs 4x512. Just have to find some ram thats good.

Back
Top Bottom