Ram

hockeyman4413

In Runtime
Im in the market for a new comp. and i was wondering if gettin 800mhz ram is worth it. will i see a diff from the slower RAM when using Vista or gaming? ty in advance :)

PS.. on the subject of video cards, would a 8600gt be good for moderate gaming and visuals on larger screens (22"widescreen)

Getting the faster memory is always a good idea for better gaming performance.

The 8600GT will be a very nice choice for moderate gaming on a 22" LCD. :D

ty for the quick relpy :)
i had to ask about the card cuz alot of ppl kept tellin me that i would regret not gettin the 8800gtx, but im not a huge gaming junkie so i was hopin that the 8600 could suit me. i figured on the faster ram, i was just wondering if someone here had some experience with the noticing the faster ram.

I would say, yeah, it's good for moderate gaming. They're affordable too. If you can't afford a higher price video card, the 8600GT is not bad at all.

As for the RAM, it depends what you are doing. Basic stuff besides gaming and such, you probably won't notice too much difference. I've used lower speed RAM before and I persoanlly don't feel a significant increase in performance. Specwise, you will pick up speed--but in reality, not feeling it a great deal. It's probably psychological with me. But, adding more RAM does make a huge difference.

Yes i guess the video card also depends on what resolution you will be playign games on/using your monitor

Back
Top Bottom