Ram

Pidge14

In Runtime
So i'm getting two gigs of ram for my computer, and i don't have dsl yet. But i was wondering could i run an online computer game with low visual settings and my two gigs of ram without horrible lag?

Well i can play Knight online pretty well with 512 ram and a low vid card, so i was pondering if i could do the same with more high tech games such as counter strike.

well you cant compensate lack of video card power for ram... however if you have a card that meets the requirements then the ram will help alot by giving your computer more memory to work with at a given time... which would boost framerates... but you cant go out and by a MX4000 and load your comp with 8 gigs of ram and expect it to run fine... RAM Doesnt do the Graphics processing.

BTW What Video cad r u running?

and you have to think about your intenet connection too :p if that sucks, the game will suck. 2 gigs is enough for pretty much every game :) But its gonna do no good to get a car with good tires but I crappy engine :D

-Q

I have a radeon 7000 rex graphics card. Pretty cheap i know, i know with two gigs of ram i can't run games flawlessly online, but if i turned down video settings and with my two gigs could i play games online without horrible lag with dial up? I know dial up is bad, and i know dsl and whatelse is better. But all i have is dial up, so i'm trying to tweek my settings so i can play games online without horrible lag. And nice comparison captain.

I used to play CS with dial-up on an old GeForce 4 Ti4600 and 1Ghz Athlon. It was a bit laggy at times, but I held my own. :D

You should be OK with your setup. Just need to tweak your settings some. It really all depends on the quality of your connection. I'm sure there is plenty of info out there on tweaking CS to run nicely on dial-up.

Back
Top Bottom