ram

Jimbo246

Baseband Member
Hi, i jsut built a comp and i put a stick of 512 ram (samsung 400) and my "system" in control pannel only says i have 384. I am not running a onboard graphics but i am sound. I was wondering wher eit went. Does the lan onboard thing take up ram?

and i have a foxconn 760gxk8mb mobo with a radeon 9200 pci wid card.
tha onboard vid card is disabled

No onboard device would take up that much RAM. Make sure that it's a compatible type and speed of RAM. Try putting it in a different RAM slot, as well.

has nothing to do with how muchn ram anything is taking up in task manager... thats ur maximum ram available.. shouldnt be 384.. you sure you didnt get jipped? cuz.. 512 would show as 512 megs :)

uhhh alright... right after i posted that i went into my bios did some changes and now it says 480 which i am happy with. I am not sure which specific thing i changed but i think it was some VGA setting(ithink???). It was at 128mb cuz thats how much ram my vid card is and so i thought thats wat it should be set to but i just put it at 35mb.
Thanx

Jimbo246 said:
uhhh alright... right after i posted that i went into my bios did some changes and now it says 480 which i am happy with. I am not sure which specific thing i changed but i think it was some VGA setting(ithink???). It was at 128mb cuz thats how much ram my vid card is and so i thought thats wat it should be set to but i just put it at 35mb.
Thanx
whoa...you shouldn't go into the bios just changing stuff that you don't know about, you can really screw something up.

HA, meh i built this computer and i know wat not to screw up...kinda. But the bios isnt as big of a thing that everyone thinks it is and wats the worst that can happen...? look data (format every month) not start just slap in my formating disk and start from scratch. I built this comp to learn things not worry bout stuff

Back
Top Bottom