RAID Troubles

showcivic17

Baseband Member
ok, so i have 2 AtA HDD's that r hooked up into my raid slot. i made a Raid driver floppy disk which is needed during the installation of Windows XP. it says press f6 to install third party or raid drivers(somethin like that)...

so i press f6 and it seems to do nothing but keep going on loading.

it dont ask for the floppy or anything. so f6 isnt bringing up the screen to insert my floppy and download RAID drivers.. what is the problem, i've been trying to get this thing started up for hours and i got past a few other problems now it seems like this is the only thing stoppin me from playing my dam games! lol

is there a diff button i can press maybe cuz f6 def. aint working. well neways im going to bed but i would be very very happy if i woke up with some help from u guys here on the forums, btw these forums rock and the help has been tremendous! TY COMPUTER GURUS! lol time for bed! peace out

When you boot up your PC, does it say anything about pressing some button like F10 or something like that to get into RAID setup? On mine it does. I press F10 to setup RAID during startup.

ya it says press ctrl+f or cntrl+e.... but the thing is i set all that up.. the only thing i need to do is install the drivers because windows wont detect my HDD's.

so i made a RAID drivers floppy disk, and my MoBo manual said windows will prompt u to press f6 during the installation to install these drivers from floppy.

well windows DOES say press f6 to install any third party blah blah blah or raid drivers. i press f6, and instead of it going to the screen for me to put floppy in it jus keeps loading.

then when its done it says Windows doesnt detect any HDD's. and im like DUHH u didnt let me install Drivers! maybe theres another button/way to install these drivers first? thnks for tryin corolla but that aint it

ok, so i got the screen to come up where it says Press S to install any more devices(somethin like that) so i press S, then it says enter manufactured-supplied hardware support disk then press enter.(is the manu-supp support disk the same thing as the raid floppy drivers?)

so i put in the raid driver floppy disk i made and press enter... it doesnt seem to do anything.. and windows xp still dont detect my HDD's

Back
Top Bottom